Friday, February 8, 2008

First Goal


My first initiative for this Lent is to reduce, if not try to stop entirely, the amount of gossip I spread. It really is unhealthy. It ruins my relationships with others and makes me into a two-faced jerk. It also can promote insecurity with some of my close friends because they can't trust whether or not I am talking behind their back. Plus, God wants us to love others, not tell others of their faults. It should be up to us to either help them with these things or just try to forget. So now I am going to cut down by keeping track of every time I gossip. I have small journal that you may see me take out every once in a while so I can write down who I am gossiping about and when. If I happen to do this and not take any notice, feel free to point it out.

"A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends." (Prov. 16:28)

1 comment:

The Baketress said...

I'm bookmarking (is that really a word now?) your blog, because I'm more than a little curious. Your first post made me sort of feel the same way. I feel like I should be more surprised. But power to ya, brotha. :D